Helping our nation’s daughters and sons reach their full potential, while expanding their future opportunities, is an important issue not only for parents, caretakers, and educators, but also for politicians, and business executives.
Contact your local mayor or governor’s office or your public relations department and let them know you are participating in the program. Ask them to create a proclamation or statement in support of Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day on Thursday, April 25, 2019. Here is an example of "Proclamation Language". Have them call our office at 1-800-676-7780 or e-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
All statements of support can be submitted to us via e-mail. Proclamations can be sent to the following address:
Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation
209 East Fearing Street, Suite 1
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
On Thursday, April 25th, 2019, the Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation will host the 26th annual Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day. The program continues its focus on the competing challenges adults face integrating work and family. It is designed to allow parents, guardians, and mentors to share their work lives and introduce these issues to our nation’s daughters and sons. To assist you in taking full advantage of the program, we have created more tools that will help you initiate conversations with your daughter, son, relative, or sponsor/mentee around work and family, fun activities that you can implement if you are planning your own program or can suggest to your workplace organizer, and a toolkit for parents and mentors with everything needed to prepare for the Day. Before you get started, here are some quick facts to get you more acquainted with the program:
- Thursday, April 25th, 2019 (always on the fourth Thursday in April)
- Theme for 2019:
- Workforce Development For All
- Age Range:
- Recommended for girls and boys ages 8-18
- Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation
- Why the program is called "Our Daughters And Sons"?
- When we say "Our Daughters And Sons" we mean more than our own children. The Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation encourages workplaces and individuals to ensure all our nation's daughters and sons participate in the program by inviting children from housing authorities and shelters, nieces and nephews, neighbors and friends, and more, to join them for Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work.
Thank you for your support!
PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY
UNITED STATES SENATE